Spring break and summer vacation plans are almost here. And while vacations are fun, trying to style your hair on vacay can be annoying. Heat, salt water and chlorine can all cause problems, but these hairstyles and tips will keep your hair at its best no matter where you go.
The Thing About Vacation Hair Is…
– Your hair is probably going to behave differently because of humidity, salt water, etc.
– You won’t be bringing your entire arsenal of hair products with you.
– You still want your hair to look good.
When it comes to vacation hair, you want styles that are easy to do and require few tools or products. We chose a few of our favorite to give you the perfect look when you’re out and about.
The Messy Bun
Messy buns are super easy. They only require a hair tie, a few bobby pins and dry shampoo if you have it. Messy hair buns will keep hair out of your face during your adventures, and it will keep hair out of chlorine or salt water.
French Braids, Dutch Braids and More
On vacation, your hair might get a little dirty. That’s actually perfect for braids. If your hair has a little grit to it, it will stick well into a braid. For braids, all you need are hair ties and a few bobby pins. Plus, braids are fast and easy, which means less time getting ready and more time out on the beach.
No Heat Hair Styles
Space in your suitcase is limited. When it comes to traveling, we like to pack as little as we can (is it even possible to travel with just one checked bag?!) This means bringing curling irons, flat irons and blow dryers is out of the question. Thankfully, there are plenty of amazing no heat hairstyles you can pull off on vacation.
Products You’ll Need
– Dry shampoo will save you time, add volume to your hair and remove oil from your hair if you don’t have access to a shower.
– Unite Blonda Shampoo is a must-have for blondies. Chlorine can turn your color green, but this toning shampoo will prevent that.
– Unite U Argan Oil will tame hair in high humidity vacation spots.
– Bobby pins will keep your hair in place when you’re out exploring.
We hope these hairstyles and tips give you gorgeous hair on your vacation! Want to get your hair cut or colored before your big trip? Book your appointment today at our Milwaukee salons.